pop-up hotel

March 13, 2012






Papaya Playa Project, a Design Hotels temporary hotel project in Tulum, Mexico, brings the concept of pop-up to travel experiences. Cabanas welcome visitors in a commune-style setting, while a recording studio serves as the epicenter for DJs and performing artists. Food is locally sourced and events are centered around Mayan full moon rituals. It's a communal playground that's only around for 5 months (through May 5th). It's an interesting concept I'd love to see more of!

5 comments:

katie//salt+pine said...

Looks fabulous!

Karina Cifuentes said...

Tulum has been on my go-to list for so long. I've been researching hotels, but haven't found anything as cool as this one. I love how earthy everything is! Hope to make it this year.

Thea vintage said...

Very nice! Would love to go there. I really like the quilt.

Barbie // Fringe & Feathers said...

I can't stop daydreaming about this place. Wish it wasn't going away so soon. Looking forward to the next pop up.

loren said...

I just found your blog and I love it!
Wonderful place!

Fringe & Feathers All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger