girls and dreams

April 5, 2012





There's something really soothing about Matt Schwartz's whimsical polaroids of girls, surf culture and nature shot in beautiful locations such at  Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Peru and California (among others, and even including good ol' New Jersey). The dreamy, vintage feel is the result of a Polaroid transfer onto watercolor paper. I'm really drawn in by the way he captures the vulnerability of the moment. Some of his prints are on sale here; more from his portfolio here.

6 comments:

andrea m. said...

wow stunning photos! i love the coloring and the feel of them. i'd love to get into film photography. thats amazing how we transferred it to watercolor paper.

andrea brionne
www.thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

I am obsessed with this photographer! I think he was featured on Gilt or Fab.com recently and I was so tempted to buy some prints, but they were still a little pricey for me. But I love them so much!

Barbie // Fringe & Feathers said...

@Lisa Michelle, I can't stop obsessing either!! They're just so beautiful. They're on sale on OpenSky now.

Barbie // Fringe & Feathers said...

@Andrea, I'm so intrigued by the watercolor transfer. Would love to try it some day.

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

Good to know! Thanks, I'll check it out there.

Elsha said...

wow those pictures are absolutely breathtaking! xo

love the blog!

Fringe & Feathers All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger