Stay inspired

March 18, 2011

What a week! Jules and I have had a really tough time adjusting to the time change. Work was pretty crazy. I took two intense Bikram yoga classes. And the news out of Japan got more heart wrenching with each passing day.

I also spent a lot of time this week thinking and worrying about what the future holds for my son. Certainly not a foreign feeling for a parent, but given the state of the world today, I can't help but to feel consumed by sadness.

But I have a responsibility to my son and so I look for inspiration in possibilities. Have a great weekend. And support disaster relief efforts in Japan by donating what you can. 


Digital art by Jules | March 2011


Bill Cunningham's great voice, sharp wit and many eccentricities are the focus of a new documentary by Richard Press.






Check out the trailer.



Because moms need their time too (something I need to make note of myself)...

SuburbanMomma's Momma's Night Out promises lots of fun and great giveaways while supporting the arts.

As if there already aren't enough reasons to love Moomah, now moms can eat, drink, make art and discuss parenting challenges with an expert during their monthly Mom's Night Out.

No sitter? No worries. SPACECRAFT makes it easy for single moms to get out and meet other single parents during their Single Moms Night. They'll keep kids busy with craft activities while moms relax and mingle. SPACECRAFT is also hosting a benefit for the survivors of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan on March 26th.

4 comments:

Yany said...

Thank you Barbie. I always enjoy your blogs. This one has especially touched me.

"...but given the state of the world today, I can't help but to feel consumed by sadness."

Although I don't like that you feel this way, it's a bit comforting knowing I'm not alone. I can't even fathom what the world will be like if WE, human, continue on this path when are sons are men. I've always felt everything you put out in this world is brought back to you in some kind of energy, I guess you can call it Kharma. So when I see all these devastating videos I can't help but think of everything we have done to our EARTH.

I hope you and Jules are doing well. xoxo

Your blog fan :)

Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

Yany!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for the kinds words! We are definitely not on a good path, but we have the power to lead by example and instill positive behaviors in our children. It sometimes feels like it's not enough, but at least it's a move in the right direction.

Thanks for reading and please keep sharing!!

Kisses to JJ.
xoxo

Iris said...

I have digital art from aj on my phone too :) So cool

I wish I was a mom to drink and make art that sounds pretty cool.

We are starting school in 2 weeks so no more yoga for us HOWEVER we know of a few free ones in nyc outside so we should def get together and go sometime! Love ya

Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

I: I'm down for free classes! There's a guy that hosts free ones in Hoboken in the Spring. I think Devotion does as well at the pier. If they aren't too late then I can work them in.

School?! That's awesome! I need deets!

Fringe & Feathers All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger