Style Fiesta

February 5, 2011



I’m fortunate enough to spend my time at work focusing on two things I’m really passionate about: Latin culture and fashion. I’m always intrigued by the intersection of the two, particularly when Latin influences are reinterpreted to align with modern day style expressions. But Prada and Vogue I'm obsessing over.

The Prada Spring/Summer 2011 ad campaign video is mesmerizing! It’s colorful, exotic, happy and full of energy. I can’t stop watching it. This might just be my new happy dance.


According to the editor’s letter, it was the Prada S/S 2011 collection that inspired the trip to Mexico for the Vogue Australia March cover shoot. The images are absolutely stunning...great use of color and the fashion is on point.















 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the Prada video. I am actually slowly and albeit a bit unwilling falling in love with the idea of bold stripes and splashes of color. I am such a boring person when it comes to mix matching. I have to fight with the police in my head that starts shreiking out TACKY anytime I think of mixing prints or color. But my soul wants to be free and happy with color and prints and smiles.

Amada

Barbie // Fringe and Feathers said...

I totally sympathize! It was hard for me to start wearing color after dressing in black for so many years. I actually didn't even feel like myself. It was weird. But color really does make you happy! xx

Fringe & Feathers All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger