Weekend inspiration: The French market

February 18, 2011

Hello, weekend! All I want to do is kick back, relax and enjoy the weather. But the one thing that's keeping me down is that I didn't get my food shopping done in the beginning of the week like I usually do. I stopped in for milk and fruits mid-week but that's about it. So that means I should hit the market tomorrow morning. But I'm dreading doing so. And even though this nifty shopping list has helped me become more organized, I sill dread it.

This has to stop! I do love to eat, after all, and I'm a mom...I'm responsible for feeding someone other than myself. I love my cookbook collection and I really do get excited when I master (and I use this term loosely!) tasty recipes.

Things became pretty clear after reading Jordan's post on learning to grocery shop in France (I'm living vicariously through Jordan while she and her family spend a year in Paris!!). I need to stop bulk shopping once a week. This isn't a foreign concept to me because I talk about it all the time at work (shopping on a daily basis is common in Latin America as well). But Jordan's pictures are so inspiring. And it's Paris. So from here on out, I'm going to try to approach my shopping with a renewed sense of enthusiasm.

Check out Jordan's pictures...




For more inspiration, check out the recipes shared this week as part of Michelle/Pretty Mommy's recipe exchange. I'm up on Monday!

I'll leave you with this wonderful song...Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I tend to shop everyday (I so wishat a french market). Lovely photos but it's making the daily trip to Publix kind of suck. :) Happy Saturday!

Wendy said...

Um *wish at*

Unknown said...

Love Jordan's photos - although my almost daily trips to the store drive me crazy - need to follow you on the meal planning bandwagon!

Fringe & Feathers All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger